Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible for me to simulate Openflow Switch with various traffics?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible for me to simulate Openflow Switch with various traffics?

Hi everyone!
    I have two questions. Is it possible for me to simulate Openflow Switch with various incoming traffics?
    For example, 10Mbps, 100Mpbs, 1Gps. And generate vcd file to view waves.
    Is it possible for me to disable one ethernet port of Openflow Switch while I am simulating.

Could anyone help me?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
    A current NetFPGA simulation platform doesn't have a nice way to adjust bandwidth. You may set 'delay' in your simulation script manually but it doesn't simply reflect the bandwidth you want.
    For disabling a port in your simulation, look into the reference script and set so as not to use the port you don't want to use (flow table setting and packet sending).
    Thank you,
    Tatsuya

Comment

Thanks Tatsuya.
      So, What is the maximum bandwidth that NetFPGA simulation platform can support? Could you give an estimation?
      I'm going to read scripts : nf_run_test.pl, make_pkt.pl, ... to understand how simulation flatform works.
      Could you suggest any documents to make it easier for me to read those scripts?

Comment

Hi,
        We've created several test cases but basically simulation does:
        Set entries to flowtables
        Burst bunch of packets
        Check the results
        The packets are entered at a minimum duration to test its line rate support.
        I'm afraid that documentations for the simulation platform/scripts are currently not prepared.
        Thank you,
        Tatsuya

Comment

Thanks Tatsuya.
          So, can I disable a port on a real openflow Switch on NetFPGA?

Comment

We are facing issues in installing netFPGA on ubuntu..could you please share the steps to install netFPGA on ubunut 12.04.

Comment

Working...
            X